Show Entries

News update.
Entered on: February 10, 2009 8:01 AM by NickNick

Anyone who can, please update us on Melissa and how her surgery went on the 11th.

Hope everything is going as planned.

NEWS 615 - 7 Comments
From: Jackzilla Entered on: February 11, 2009 10:47 AM

'Lissa posted on Facebook:

You can register for free and then I guess there will be updates on there and you can post messages (though I couldn't figure out how to leave a msg there last night).

I just got off the phone with Bells and 'Lissa went in at 10:44 (GR time) and had been about an hour.  They had her sister's liver and was putting her back together.  It'll take another 3 hours or so, then a 2-hour recovery, then intensive care for a while.

Give Bells a call, folks -- I'm sure he likes the support and talking to make the time go faster.

From: Jackzilla Entered on: February 11, 2009 1:41 PM

Just talked to Bells -- 4 hours later and they're closing her up.  Everything's hooked up and seems to have gone well.  He'll be able to go in and see her in a couple more hours.

From: NickNick Entered on: February 11, 2009 2:01 PM

Thanks for the updates.  I'm unable to view Melissa's site here at work. 

From: Ross Entered on: February 11, 2009 7:12 PM

He texted me an hour or so ago and said April and Melissa were both doing well.  Fantastic news!

From: Ross Entered on: February 12, 2009 2:29 PM

Johnny says Melissa is doing well and pain free.  Great news!

From: Ross Entered on: February 12, 2009 4:12 PM

Melissa posted an update:

Hey Everybody,
It is so wonderful to have heard from so many of you. Yes, this is Melissa, in the cyberflesh. I am happy to report that I am doing well. I wasn't able to sleep very well last night, due to noise, not pain. I was serenaded by the loud doppler machine noise from my new biliarry ducts. Amazing noise that I am grateful for but I will not miss it tonight. In fact I am happily removed from many tubes. I am down to two IV access lines, a urinary catheter, two drains and oxygen as needed. My pain is at a tolerable level and I am surrounded by my loved ones, some in person, and many of you through this web site. I have been moved off the CCU and into the room that I will stay in until I am discharged from the hospital. The staff here is wondeerful, I am well cared for and at the rate I am progressing at I hope for a speedy recovery. The first part of April's day today did not go well due to pain, but they have changed her medication and is now doing better. She has also been moved off the CCU to the post transplant unit with me. We are both doing as we are told be our nurses and doctors and plan to continue to do so. I will send another update tomorrow. Right now I am going to nap while the family enjoys a complimentary movie. Thanks again for the well wishes.

From: Jackzilla Entered on: April 6, 2009 3:06 PM



[Log In to Add Comment]

a division of

© 2003 Ross Johnson
RSS Feed